Watch this webinar to learn about the regulatory frameworks and opportunities in the Advanced Therapy market in Japan, including cell therapy, gene therapy, tissue engineering and related products.
The size of ‘cutting edge medicine market’ in Japan is expected to reach 1.85 trillion yen (12.7 billion pounds) in 2025 (+31.7% increase compared to 2016) – according to Fuji Keizai, one of Japan’s leading market research firms.[memb_has_membership memberships=REGISTERED-MEMBER]
Japan’s cutting-edge medicine market consists of 3 segments:
- Advanced drugs, these include antibodies, peptide, RNA drugs. This segment represents the majority of the market. The market size is 1.4 trillion yen.
- Advanced therapeutic products, these include regenerative medicine, cell therapy, gene therapy. The market size is 1.8 billion yen.
- Advanced diagnostics/ systems include companion diagnostic, liquid biopsy, precision, microarray blood test. The market size is 2.9 billion yen.
Regenerative medicine is a fast-emerging sector catching a great deal of attention in Japan. The Japanese regulation on Regenerative Medicine is regarded as one of the most advanced in the world which allows early commercialisation in the market after Phase II with conditional approval status. The Accelerated Approval process for regenerative medicine products is very unique to Japan.
For this webinar, we are pleased to have been joined by the co-founders and managing directors Mr Colin Lee Novick and Mr Jason David Sieger of CJ Partners, a Japan-based consulting agency specialised in advanced therapies and has experience working with global life sciences companies entering Japan.
The webinar is facilitated by Ms Esther Williams, Head of Trade, DIT Japan.
During the webinar we covered:
- The Japanese regulatory environment for advanced therapies
- How to deal with Japanese partners
- Q&A section
Contact the speakers
Colin Lee Novick, Managing Director
Jason Sieger, Managing Director
Check out our dedicated life sciences page for the latest news and articles, case studies, and webinar videos.
Download the Presentation: