DIT Japan hosted a webinar to facilitate collaboration between UK life sciences companies and universities and Japanese pharmaceutical companies on 18 November 2021.
Speakers for this webinar are representatives from Astellas Pharma Inc, Daiichi Sankyo Co Ltd, and Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation in charge of pre-clinical stage R&D and business development.
9:00-9:25 Astellas Pharma
9:25-9:50 Daiichi Sankyo
9:50-10:15 Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
Q&A Moderator: Dr Ivana Poparic, Head of Life Sciences Cluster Development, MedCity
Some of the key interest areas from the companies are:
- PROTACs: Established novel E3 binder
- Otology: Hair cell regeneration, Strial vascular function improvement and Neuro regeneration
- Engineered Antibodies: Next generation conditional activation technology
- Immuno-science: Treg-related biology, Microglia/Macrophage biology
- In vivo Direct Reprogramming: Nervous, immune, hepatic, cardiovascular systems and connective tissues
- Chronobiology: Nobel targets and approaches that regulate circadian rhythm
- Validated binder against novel antigen that highly expresses in tumor cell with no expression in normal cell
- Novel technology of AAV gene therapies which enable as follows.
- Repeated dosing by avoiding effect of neutralization antibody to AAV
- Larger gene size delivery with AAV vector (more than 5 kilobases)
- Novel DDS technology of siRNA or antisense oligonucleotides (ASO) for tissue specific targeting to CNS (in addition muscle, bone marrow, blood cell, pancreas and cancer tissue)
- Neurodegenerative diseases: ALS, MELAS, MSA, PSP
- Autoimmune diseases: SLE, Myositis, Vasculitis (differentiated approach)
- DDS technologies of oligonucleotide therapeutics that enable persistence in the CNS, controlled distribution in the brain and delivery from the periphery to the CNS
This webinar is a great opportunity to learn more about the Japanese pharmaceutical companies, their research priorities and collaboration structures.