There has never been a better time to do business with Japan.
Since January the UK has a new Free Trade Agreement with the world’s third largest economy, opening even more opportunities for UK companies to forge partnerships and generate new business in this dynamic Asian country.
Marking this exciting new chapter in trading relations between the UK and Japan, the Department for International Trade is delighted to announce a series of business focused UK-Japan Trade Missions, to be run over the spring.
These events have been specifically designed to inspire and support companies to export with Japan. In the coming days and weeks our event calendar will be updated with the events taking place as part of this exciting and ambitious series – in the meantime please do check regularly to see what is on offer!
Join the free launch event on March 2 with Minister for Exports, Graham Stuart, and leading figures from UK companies.
The 90-minute event will not only provide expert insight into the Japanese market and how the Free Trade Agreement can benefit your company, but participants will be able to develop their knowledge on how to succeed in the Japanese market with the Export Academy and Export to Japan.
Trade advisors in Tokyo and UK firms who have successfully launched and thrived in Japan will also be available to answer your questions on the issues that matter to you.
Now is the time to spring into Japan.
- Graham Stuart MP, Minister for Exports
- Julia Longbottom CMG, HM Ambassador (Designate) to Japan
- Chris Heffer, Director, DIT Japan
- Marie-Claire Joyce, Head of DIT Japan Trade Team
- Shehzad Chaudhary, Deputy Director, DIT UK Regions – Midlands
- David Bickle OBE, President, British Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- Steve Crane OBE, CEO, Export to Japan
- Chris Sheldrick, CEO of What3Words, one of the UK’s leading innovative tech companies
- Chris Horobin, CEO of Hotel Chocolat (Japan) one of the fastest growing UK brands in Japan today
- Poppy Gustafsson, CEO of Darktrace, the UK’s leading cyber security company in Japan
- Leslie Balfour-Lynn, Co-founder Balfour Winery at Hush Heath Estate
*Breakout Rooms from 10:00am*
We will be hosting breakout rooms immediately after the webinar to give you the chance to ask questions to sector specialists.
The themes of the breakout rooms will be as follows:
- Consumer/Food & Drink
- /Education and Professional Business Services
- Life Sciences
- Automotive & Energy
- Japan & FTA (general discussion on Japan market)