Expo 2025 will be held in Osaka, Japan. It will take place for six months, opening 13 April 2025 and closing 13 October 2025. It will be the third time Japan has hosted a World Expo, having previously hosted Expo 1970 in Osaka and 2005 in Aichi. The projected visitor count is approximately 28 million.
To help UK companies prepare for an array of business opportunities on this Expo, Experience UK together with the British Embassy in Tokyo and British Consulate-General in Osaka, hosted a webinar to provide an introduction to doing business in Japan.
The session took the form of a ’round table’ and participants heard from:
- Marie-Claire Joyce, Trade Counsellor, British Embassy Tokyo
- Richard Parry, Experience Economy Lead, Department for Business and Trade
- Matthew Ellis, Osaka Expo Attache, British Consulate General Osaka
- Katie Keith, Head of Partnerships, Currencies Direct
- Takuya Aibe, CEO, Gallagher Japan, Inc
- Yasuyuki Harada, Managing Director, Gallagher Japan, Inc.
- Go Izumisawa, Head of Japan Business, Tangerine
Following the presentations, participants had the opportunity to ask the panel questions.