Call for pitching companies at HealthtechSUM 2020 (Healthcare Technology Summit)
Application deadline: Tuesday, 15 October, 2020 (JST)
Nikkei (the leading business paper in Japan who owns FT), will be running a Healthcare Startup Pitch Competition on 10 December 2020, together with MedPeer during HealthtechSUM 2020. Until 2019 this event was run jointly with Nikkei, MedPeer and HIMESS (please see previous event report here.)
Products/services that utilize technologies to improve “better life”, which includes medicine, caretaking, dietary, HR or others.
- Product/service need to be in the healthtech field
- Product/service have launched or the launch date is determined when you apply
- Representative (CEO, President etc.) can attend to the conference on Dec.10 to do the pitch (NB: UK companies can pitch remotely from the UK)
Merit for UK start-ups:
- Nikkei will run a large scale ad on the Newspaper which includes a brief company outline of the selected pitching companies. NB: Nikkei Newspaper (print, not on-line) is still the most influential media for C-class decision makers in the Japanese business world.
- DIT Japan will help you with the translation if necessary – company outline for ad and PowerPoint presentation material
HealthtechSUM event outline:
Dates: 9-10 December 2020
Venue: Nihonbashi Mitsui Hall / Life Sciences Hub
Supporting organisations: METI, MHLW, Medical Association (tbc)
Language: English and Japanese (simultaneous interpretation)
No of expected visitors: on site – 200 persons per day / on-line 10,000
Rewards: JPY 1,000,000 for the winner. Sponsor Award is selected separately.
NB: Whether to hold the event on site (i.e. to make it 100% on-line) will be decided at around early November based on local government guideline