Strengthening UK-Japan Business
Established in 1948, the British Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BCCJ) is an exceptionally active and ever-expanding not-for-profit private membership organisation serving almost 1,000 high-calibre members representing around 200 companies, via nine communications channels.
Open to members of all nationalities, the BCCJ offers high-value events, productive networking and promotional opportunities, valuable information services, and access to influential institutions and individuals.
The BCCJ’s mission is to strengthen business ties between the UK and Japan, promote and support the business interests of all our members, and actively encourage new British business into the Japanese market as well as Japanese investment into the UK. The BCCJ strives to seek and develop trust and opportunities within the UK-Japan business ecosystem by focusing on the expansion of digital technologies and innovation, and the adoption of responsible business and greater diversity, equity and inclusion. This mission is supported by close and long-standing links with the British Embassy Tokyo and the British Council as well as an extensive network of trade organisations in Japan and the UK.
Membership benefits include:
- Connecting with a network of approximately 200 organisations and networking at senior level with British and Japanese organisations and individuals
- Priority attendance and reduced rates at BCCJ events, and member-only special events
- Access to the British Embassy Tokyo and key policymakers in Japan
- Engaging in thought leadership, and influencing decision makers at C-suite events and Brown Bag Lunches
- Access to visiting dignitaries from business, government, political, and royal circles
- Opportunities to lead BCCJ workshops and seminars on a range of topics, providing a unique cross-sector knowledge sharing and learning opportunity
- Opportunities to mix with other BCCJ members at informal social events (60-80 attendees from a broad range of industries), and with members from other Chambers of Commerce
- Participating in the annual British Business Awards, which showcase the best of UK business and culture in the Japanese market
- Unique log-in access for the BCCJ website and promotional opportunities on the Chamber’s weekly e-newsletter, and access to offers and special benefits from other member companies
- Promotion through the BCCJ’s nine communication channels
- Video/written bilingual BCCJ Member Spotlight interview
- Access to offers and special benefits from other BCCJ member companies
- Listing on the BCCJ’s UK in Japan MAPPED
- Listing in the BCCJ’s online directory
Please note the BCCJ also offers regional and overseas membership categories at reduced rates. More information is available on benefits and prices HERE
If you would like to learn more about the BCCJ, book a 15-minute meeting with a member of the team HERE. We would be delighted to learn more about you and your organisation.
Contact the BCCJ
Follow the BCCJ on…
Last updated November 2023: Steve Crane OBE