Strengthening UK-Japan Business
Established in 1948, the British Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BCCJ) is an exceptionally active and ever-expanding not-for-profit private membership organisation serving over 900 high-calibre members via nine communications channels.
Open to members of all nationalities, the BCCJ offers high-value events, productive networking and promotional opportunities, valuable information services, and access to influential institutions and individuals.
The BCCJ’s mission is to strengthen business ties between the UK and Japan, promote and support the business interests of all our members, and actively encourage new British business into the Japanese market as well as Japanese investment into the UK.
This mission is supported by close and long-standing links with the British Embassy, the British Council, the European Business Council, as well as an extensive network of trade organisations in Japan and the UK.
BCCJ members can enjoy:
- Connecting with a network of over 900 members (approximately 200 businesses) and networking at senior level with UK, Japanese organisations and individuals
- Priority attendance and reduced rates at BCCJ events, and member-only special events
- Access to the British Embassy and key policy makers in Japan
- Engaging in thought leadership, and influencing decision makers at C-suite events and Brown Bag Lunches
- Access to visiting dignitaries from business, government, political, and also royal circles
- Opportunities to mix with other BCCJ members at informal social events (60-80 attendees from a broad range of industries), and with members from other Chambers of Commerce
- Participating in the annual British Business Awards, which showcase the best of UK business and culture in the Japanese market
- Reduced advertising rates in BCCJ ACUMEN and promotional opportunities at BCCJ events
- Discounted job postings on the job site Career Engine
- Unique log-in access for the BCCJ website and customisable, member-only pages and weekly e-newsletter
- Access to offers and special benefits from other member companies through the BCCJ website
Diversity and Inclusion
The BCCJ is committed to advancing Diversity and Inclusion (D&I), and this runs through every aspect of the organisation’s activity. Since April 2012, the BCCJ has run a D&I programme designed to promote greater understanding of, and develop support mechanisms for, the growth of diverse groups in the workplace in Japan, including:
- People with Disabilities
- LGBTQ community
- Generation Y/Millennials
Learning and Development
The BCCJ runs regular workshops and seminars delivered by industry experts on a range of topics from leadership, to communication, providing a unique cross-sector knowledge sharing and learning opportunity.
Global Sporting Events
“The British Chamber of Commerce in Japan supports the interests of its members, along with the organisers of the 2019 Rugby World Cup, and the 2020 Olympics, & Paralympics, to achieve the best possible organisation, business and community results before, during and after the events.” Since 2013, the BCCJ has been delivering an events programme that underpins this mission, supporting knowledge-transfer between London 2012 and Tokyo 2020.